Friday 21 July 2006

#345

i've numbered this post, because i've seen a few others have been numbered (FU and Bean mainly) well that and to show off a little!

right business...
hospital appointment went fine
the nice lady looked at my beer belly and using that ultrasound doofy-wotsit looking inside my gut too...and you know what i said yesterday about her not finding anything and that being the worst option for me...well she didn't find anything wrong, no gall stones and nothing wrong with my liver structure either (remember the blood tests that showed up a problem with my liver functions...)
but you know what, i feel better knowing that they've not found anything that i thought i would...loads better in fact!

fun stuff
after a few issues with my car and even more issues with the garage that i've taken it too, i've decided that it's time to get rid of my little pug and trade up...and i really do mean up!
this is what my pug looks like for those not in the know:
(it's a 3 door 1.4l little car)


and this little beastie is what i've plumped for as my wheels...:

(it's a 5 door, 2.4l 4x4 beasty)
although neither of these are actually my cars, just what they look like...

sweet huh?

anyway i've not had a lot of sleep again, and i've got a big ass quote to deal with that really needs to hit this afternoon's post if i can get it out there!

i've not bitched about the heat in our office without air condition and distinct lack of drinking water (a problem which i remedies the other day at my own expense) but it's too hot!!! and i really mean tooooooooo hot...

remember we brits pride ourselves on the british summer (about a week of sunshine and the rest of the time it's grey and cloudy) this year we're suffering a heatwave with temperatures in the last week hitting 30+ on a daily basis

it's sticky and uncomfortable in the office

music: i've discovered a band called hayseed dixie...they're bluegrass/country meets classic rock! it's a VERY interesting mix...they cover AC/DC and Kiss and things like that, and you knkow what, i like it! also been searching for things that other people have suggested, like PP suggesting neverending white lights, i've not had a chance to listen to them, but i've found a track or two that i've downloaded, just not had chance to listen to it yet as i don't have speakers at work...

film:went to see that pirate film with thingy depp and wotsit jordan and KIERA KNIGHTLEY in it the other night...thought it was very good but it felt like an episode, so i'm hoping that the 3rd installment hits the screens PDQ! it felt a little like the 2nd matrix film if i'm honest in so much as it was filler rather than killer. but lets not detract away from the very good fight scenes, especially in the waterwheel. the superb SFX, Bill Nighy was awesome and Davey Jones. and of course it had miss Knightley in it (she's on my list) (actually that might make a good post one day, my 10 celebs that are on my list)

right i'm done for today, i fully intend to do a HNT again next week though...so be warned, and i'm taking requests

laters peeps, hope you all have a good weekend

Px

10 comments:

rawbean said...

hehe I like that your accent is very apparent in your writing - it's great!

Isn't that new set of wheels going to be a gas guzzler?

Px said...

you think my accent is apparent, how so?

and yeah it might be a bit of a guzzler, but it shouldn't be too bad...

Lindsey said...

It has been completely sweltering in here as well! It's killing me.

So glad to hear that they didn't find anything wrong...at least not there. Did you have have them scan your brain? We all know your mind is gone! :o) Just kidding.

The Pirates movie was 'okay' for me. Entertaining but not as good as I'd hoped. But I do think the third one is going to be awesome! Did you hear that they're doing a "Transformers" movie? I can't wait.

Natalia said...

Loads of stuff going on darling. I am so happy that nothing is wrong. But I hope they find out what's making you feel off.

Don't get an SUV. Big cars suck ass.

-N

Princess Pessimism said...

LOL!!! @ doofy-wotsit. You're priceless...

I LOVE the car you just got rid of...i've been looking at it like everyday since you sent me the link.

Px said...

Linny...
i'm looking forward to the final film too
and no they didn't scan my brain, but i'll ask them to next time

Nataila...
it's not an SUV, it's a truck, with fat tyres and stuff like that

PP...
you can buy my car if you want £2k plus shipping and registration costs?

Princess Pessimism said...

I told you i'd only buy it if you paid for shipping. :)

Roxi said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww poor baby!!!!

quite yer whinning!!

;)

Natalia said...

Still not a fan.

lol

-N

FU said...

oh i am mentioned in your post..i feel so humbled.. too bad ur at 345 u big show off.. i just hit 100.

bugger off!

good to know nothing was wrong with you.. maybe its anxiety keeping your belly in knots.

maybe u need to try a cleanse or a detox... go to a swedish spa and get a COLONIC.. hahaha.. how embarrasing would that be.

i didnt watch pirates.. kiera is hot. i hope to bone her when i'm famous.

oops.. did i just say that outloud?