Wednesday 15 June 2005

14/6/5
I’ve taken to writing this on my laptop at the end of the day and then ferrying it in to work and updating it from the memory key thing I’ve got, think it’s easier that way.
Right, well today has been the first day that I’ve actually felt ok about the stuff we’re doing, bit of a rocky start, the godfather, so called because he looks like a Mafioso was supposed to give us 2 hours of training this morning, but it only lasted 1¼… typical! But when the next training started it ran all day so that was ok. We actually did a full day’s work today!!!
We started working on the KalkMC6 program and the VMS as well, apparently we won’t be doing much on the VMS, but it’s useful to know, according to the woman taking our training anyway! And I actually enjoyed it and I was able to get on with the stuff without having to worry about it. Spanish cocked up right from the start and instead of using the training number that we were shown to use he put an offer through on Waldner France’s thingy…genius! So me and French had to wait for him to redo it in the proper section… what a muppet!
Anyway after lunch we went into the KalkMC6 program to start learning how to put estimates together, and it was fairly easy, French had a problem because parts of his program were coming up in German, but that’ll all be sorted by tomorrow the woman said…we’ll see! Spanish kept over complicating things and asking loads of questions…meanwhile I was doing all the work that had been set as exercises for us to do and when he’d finished asking questions about side panels I’d done about half the work set and he’d only done the first question, still he covered well by asking more inane questions while I sat there and emailed chunk, Luton lass, daisy and various other people as well…still it was a better day than I’ve had so far and the woman taking the session had much more enthusiasm and energy than the other people who’ve taken our sessions so far, I think that helped too.
Like I said we did pretty much a whole day today so when we did make it home I wanted to just sit and chill, but some muppet came out without a key, now Spanish has got one, and the other is usually hidden outside so we can all get in, but someone had used the key and not put it back and Spanish didn’t have his key on him! So I waited while they went and explained that we couldn’t get in to the people who own the house, bearing in mind that neither of these two speak German and the owners don’t speak anything but German…still after a couple of minutes we got in the house and now I’m just chilling and keeping away from them a little bit…being with them non-stop is starting to get to me a little, funny that!
The weather has been pretty changeable again, there was another thunder storm last night, but I’d only just gone to bed so this one didn’t wake me up, and then at lunchtime it was really sunny, but now it’s trying to rain again…it’s almost like being at home J
Why is belly button fluff always either grey or blue? Why isn’t there ever any red or yellow or green? Someone told me it related to the colour of the clothes you’ve been wearing…well I’ve had a black t-shirt on all day and the fluff was light grey…and I had a shower last night so that’s not it either…dodgy stuff huh?
Feeling pretty good today, managed to get a fair amount off my chest with the last blog I guess and mixed with the good day I’ve had it’s making for a better mood. I feel like going out for food tonight, but I think the other 2 want to cook, that’s fine, but all we’ve got in is meat and either rice, pasta or chips…no other veggies at all and I’d like to go out as I’ve had a good day and I want a beer, might ask them what they think about it in a minute…
The flies are still here, but I can’t be bothered to kill any today, I think I’ve only seen one anyway so it’s not really causing a problem, not like the swarm that was around yesterday! Or them bloody ants…there are still some casualties of the war on the table heh heh!
Well, I got the boys to go out for dinner so I could have a beer, it was really good actually! We went to a place in town that served chicken, really good chicken, it was fucking superb! For chunk, it was opposite Moritz, but I can’t remember what the hell it was called. We each had half a chicken which looked like it’d been deep fried, and chips…and of course a hefeweizen just to wash if down with J
Tonight I go to bed a satisfied man…well, partially satisfied ;)
laters peeps
Px

No comments: