Tuesday 26 July 2005

bizarre bits & pieces

ok i've not blogged for just over a week, so i thought i'd better update something before someone moans, either DK or chunk...

right the last week has been pretty uneventful i think, i certainly don't remember much happening anyway...well nothing exciting anyway

finally got round to seeing pidge on friday evening while she was at work, it's been the first time i've seen her in nearly a year, so that was cool to see her for a little while, even if she did hurt my chest when she gave me a hug...women! tut tut!

baby chunk is off this week, she's heading to cyprus with her new job for a couple of months, i know chunk'll miss her, i know i will to, she was one of the few people at the abbey i really considered a proper friend. but i know she'll enjoy her new job and i think it'll sui her down to the ground, hopefully!

Luton lass is off this week as well, but only on holiday, she's off to spain for a week later today, she'd beter send me a postcard at least or there will be real trouble!

had an email today from my german mental, she said she's getting married on friday, which is cool...she's having tomorrow and thursday off to get everything ready, getting hitched on friday, then back in work on monday!!! told you she was mental!

nothing much else has happened the last few days though.

work is going pretty well at the moment, we had a meeting due at 8am this morning and i would've made it with time to spare, but luton stopped over last night and was still in bed when i wanted to leave, i was going to leave her there, it would've been ok, but she said she'd get up, so i left 20 minutes late, got to work at 8.10 and had to walk in to the meeting late, everyone started laughing at me too :o( the rest of the work type thing is ok though, just finishing off a quote today for the uni of warwick and then starting a big one for uni in dublin...so i'm fairly busy at the moment :o)

still trying to sort out a few things to do with my car, but the new one's running fine. if anyone knows anyone who wants to buy a car stereo and multi-changer i've got one on the go for £150, it's missing the multi-changer lead though, but it should be worth around £300+ so it's a bit of a bargain...get in touch with me for more details...

well i'd better get back to it, lunch is about half over and i've not stopped to eat yet...anyway just a little something to make everyone chuckle...i'm glad i didn't use these when i got caught!

These extravagant excuses for speeding include alien hypnosis, low-flying aircraft, a dying hamster and bouts of diarrhoea. Here is the top 10:
1) I had passed out after seeing flashing lights, which I believed to be UFOs in the distance. The flash of the camera brought me round from my trance.
2) I was in the airport's flight path and I believe the camera was triggered by a jet overhead, not my car.
3) I had a severe bout of diarrhoea and had to speed to a public toilet.
4) There was a strong wind behind my car, which pushed me over the limit.
5) My friend had just chopped his fingers off and I was rushing the fingers to hospital.
6) The vibrations from the surfboard I had on the roof rack set off the camera.
7) I had to rush my dying hamster to the vets.
8) A violent sneeze caused a chain reaction where my foot pushed down harder on the accelerator.
9) There was a suspected case of foot and mouth and I had to rush to see the cow concerned.
10) The only way I could demonstrate my faulty clutch was to accelerate madly.

take care peeps
Px

No comments: