Thursday 31 January 2008

the roof, the roof, the roof is on fire!

we don't need no water let the m**********r burn!

ok some of you on facebook will have noted tha ti had the fire brigade out as stupid oclock on saturday morning
the story is simple
i went to bed around 2 in the morning (i usually do this because i'm still jacked from work), well just as i'm dropping off to sleep around 2.45, the smoke alarm goes off...
thing is, it wasn't my smoke alarm, it was the one belonging to the bloke downstairs...
i leave it thinking he'll turn it off shortly
after 5 minutes i think, hey that's going on a bit long, is he even there?
i have a look around my flat and out of the windows to see if there's any smoke
can't see anything or smell anything, so i head back to bed
after 15 minutes of this i'm getting a little pissed off, why hasn't the fucker turned his alarm off?
so i call the fire and police
while i'm on the phone to the police the firemen turn up, i've got to run down stairs and explain to them that although it's probably nothing, the bloke's alarm has been going of for over 20 minutes now
they poke around and have a look see if there's anything they can see and they see smoke
hanging a couple of feet off the ceiling
they bang on the door a couple of times and the bloke answers, apparently oblivious to either the smoke or the alarm!
although he was swaying a little making me htink he'd had a couple of beers

from what the firemen said, the bloke had thought it would be a good idea to get something to eat in his inebriated state. he put a pan on, some water in it and a spoon, and wandered off to sit down while the pan got to the boil.
he fell asleep
that kind of deep sleep you only get when you've had a few
and left the pan on
well the plastic handle of the spoon melted
and started smoking
which set the alarm off eventually
which kept me awake
which meant i called the fire peeps
and they sorted it out
so in a round about way i couldve saved this blokes life

has he spoken to me since?
hell no
not even a note through the letter box
dumb bastard!

anyway this week is a busy one for me
instead of the quiz on monday, me and the guys went to see a band called british sea power, it was ok, not great, but thennot really my thing to listen to
speaking of the pub, i've also bene made a duty manager, and the landlord told me that whatever i put down on an application form he'll back up as long as i tell him beforehand. the landlady then said that if they get paperwork asking for a reference they'll give me a bad one because they don't want me to leave!
tomorrow i've got an interview
a real live face to face one, with a test thing as well...yeah i must remember not to do so well on the test that they think i'll leave, but well enough to make them want to employ me!
and on friday, it's my worst day
i've got to go to the hospital to have my remaining wisdom teeth removed, which will involve bone chipping to get them out!
it does mean that i've got friday night off from the pub
and saturday too
but they want me back in time for sunday...

i've got a feeling that this might hurt though
but i'll be there...because as i keep telling people
I'M HARDCORE!!!

i've also got some money switched around at the moment for future plans
nothing more can be said at this time
but keep your eyes and ears open
news will be coming soon
i hope!

right i was going to bed half hour ago
night peeps
i might be back in the morning with a rush job HNT
we shall see though
Px

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hardcore indeed. :o)

When I saw the title to your post...I was afraid you were going to make fun of my predicament last night. LOL

Miss Ash said...

Ah good luck with the wisdom teeth. I had all 4 taken out years ago, they put me out and I woke up feeling fine. You'll make it through i'm sure :)

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

that guy is a jerk!

i hope your mouth isnt too sore :|

i remember when they did my bottom ones, they screwed up and stitched my cheek to my jaw.. no shit. it was the most painful thing imaginable. i had to go back after a few days to have them taken out and re stitched

Princess Pessimism said...

Good luck with your wisdom teeth....

The fire brigade...LOL!..love that.

Lindsey said...

Sweetie. Are you ever planning on posting again? It's been nearly a month!!!!! :o)

Miss Ash said...

Yeah i'm getting bored with looking at this page....