Friday 4 January 2008

the sooner the better

the weather here is rubbish at the moment.
it's cold enough to snow, but it's not snowing, it's foggy and with the wind chill as well, it feels like it's -5C (or about 20F for those of you who prefer it that way)

I went out for a couple of beers last night and it was stupid cold on the walk to the pub, the walk home was ok because we'd had a couple of drinks though, but it was still bitterly cold.
but it was a good night out, in fact it was better than that, the northerner, the boag and myself went for a drink and a get together as it's been a while since we went out for one. we caught up, chatted rubbish and had a few beers. that to me is a decent night out
no stress
no pressure
no fuss
no hassle

anyway, there's another meeting to decide my future at this job next week, we should all know what's going on by the 14th at the very latest though...
still i've had a look for a couple of jobs, not many though. I was supposed to go to the second interview for the "sales and marketing" job yesterday, but i didn't go. I don't really want to go door to door asking people if they are happy with their energy suppliers and would they like to change to another one. I don't like the idea of standing around in shopping centres pushing satelite tv and personal health care solutions to people who really are not that interested and don't want to break stride to say no thanks, let alone stand and answer a couple of questions. so now i've got to have a think about what to do, but to be honest i'll have a look at a couple of places, all i need is a job to tide me over until i know what else might be happening, the bigger plans and all that...
the future is looking good

right
i'm done for today
i've got an afternoon at work and an evening working in the pub...i can't wait!
laters peeps
Px

4 comments:

Miss Ash said...

I agree those jobs would be sucky, noone wants to stop and talk if they are not interested in a product. If they are, they would stop and ask themselves. Get a working visa and try your luck elsewhere.

Miss Scarlet said...

It's freezing with no snow here, too. I WANT SNOW!

Lindsey said...

This is your 3rd post in a row! I'm so proud...but now I look like the lazy blogger :o( LOL

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

-5° bitterly cold?

thats a warm day for us LOL

*hugs*