Tuesday 17 July 2007

still life in the old dog yet

i know it's been a while since i posted...
just over a week by my count
but that's ok isn't it?

anyway, i've not been up to much this week
mostly work, work and more work

i'm still working on the plan, that's why
the next step is a holiday, so the more i can work the more money i can get in and the closer a holiday becomes :)

i've also been playing far too much guitar hero 2 during my down time
well that and on the PSP when i've been at the hotel

film-wise, i'm waiting for the simpsons movie to come out, and transformers and for someone to go with me to watch harry potter. dvd's i've watched recently include teen wolf (that classic with michael j fox...pure genius) and fantastic four in preparation for watching the second at some point soon (i've been offered a chance to see it with a friend of a friend, but i've not heard from her about it)

book-wise, i finished fear (by jeff abbot) a little while ago, liked it. been reading a book called and penguins stopped play...but i'm not really into it at the moment, so now i've switched to world war z which is about the zombie war...so far it's really good, scarily realistic, it's by the same bloke who wrote the zombie survival guide, which was also scarily realistic...

tune-wise, i've just downloaded the new hayseed dixie album...gotta love the idea of bluegrass/country versions of pretty much everything, including this time the scissor sisters!

ayway, enough with all this, i've got something to say...
today someone special is celebrating her 30th birthday, and i know that it scares the pants off her! so i came up with a little plan to try and make her feel a little better...
this involved me sending her a text message yesterday, faking that i'd be too stupid to remember that her birthday is today...this was done so that i could work out the time difference between us so that when i called her this morning i wouldn't be waking her up.
i then called my network provider to check that i could make international calls, they said i could
so today i set a reminder on my phone for the right time to give her an early morning call to wish her a happy birthday...
so when the alarm went off i called her
only to find that my network hadn't updated my account so i couldn't call her
i phoned them and they said it would take anywhere between an hour and 24 hours...thus i'd miss her birthday
they also said i'd need to turn my phone off so that the update could take place
which i did
i then turned it back on again half hour later and tried her number
while driving
and to my shock it connected...
and the conversation didn't go anything like the way that i'd planned it to
i wanted to sing happy birthday
but instead i stumbled through it, wishing linny a happy birthday and telling her that i hoped that she was feeling a little better and i wished i was there to help her celebrate, it was great to hear her voice again, i'd forgotten how sexy she sounds, even if i did shock her while she was at work...and i hope i didn't get her into trouble for accepting personal calls
anyway, she's getting a lot of love from everyone today
and she deserves it...

Happy Birthday Love!

right, the rest of the week i'll be mostly working
and playing guitar hero (PS2) or burnout (PSP)
laters peeps
Px

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Awwwwww. This is why I love you. You have no idea how much your phone call brightened my morning. I smiled all day long thanks to you. I had no idea you had to go through so much trouble just for me! But honestly...it was the best gift ever. Now if we can just get you on that plane.... :o)

Lindsey said...

P.S. You didn't stumble through it. You were very sweet and endearing.

Natalia said...

Um..so are you guys together now? Is this the long distance thing like I did? :)

-N

Miss Ash said...

Ummm i'm not so sure Natalia if she has McSteamy visiting at the end of July.....I doubt it.

PX, where are you looking to take your vacation? I say Galapagos Islands...tres cool.

Alicia said...

That's reall sweet of you to do!

Chris drunk dialed me one night and my roommate handed me the phone WITHOUT telling me it was a collect call...

I got the bill at the end of the month $600 phone call because we talked for more than 4 hours...

Crazy.
But, that's why I love him.