Tuesday 24 July 2007

time for the tuesday post

ok today i'm going to go through a pet peeves and then a a few other things

pet peeve; rubber-necking...
now i understand that as a human we have an overwhelming urge to gawp at anything on the side of the road that may be vaguely interesting, especially if it's an accident, even moreso if there's a chance of seeing something that you don't want to see...
but as a van driver, it's got to be one of the most irritating things that is out there on the roads. example; today i was driving along minding my own business, while playing attention to the road obviously, when all of a sudden everything grinds to a halt...as we inch forward some flashing lights come into view, orange ones, not blue ones, so i know it's probably just a breakdown, which is was, but it took an additional 15 minutes to get past this
now i have no problem sitting in traffic for a legit reason, i'm paid by the hour...but to sit in traffic because the 100 cars that are infront of me want to gawp at a car that's gone into the back of another car...that bugs me
i run into rubbernecking at least once per motorway per day, but on the m25 it's more like an hourly thing, if not every 20 minutes

to continue with the flood theme...
it rained yesterday while i was working, some of the paper goods i was delivering got wet, but that was ok as long as the suits didn't get wet...which they didn't, well not the ones i was yet to deliver, the ones i'd been collecting and just throwing into the van (on the floor, they had to go there because ihad no hanging space for them...which was compounded by the volume that i was collecting compared to the number that i had to deliver)... it rained so much that my hotel room started to leak, not only from the ceiling, but also around the window...but this didn't start to happen until i was just about to sleep...typically!
add this to the fact that the power tripped out so i couldn't watch the tv...
i wasn't having the best of evenings!

while driving home i was reminded of the following song (the video is one someone made and posted on youtube) ok the story goes as follows
while driving i felt something hit my head, only something small though and as i looked down to the seat between my legs i spotted something, although i wasn't sure what it was i brushed it onto the floor. a few seconds later i happened to look out the window and noticed something small on my shoulder, when i had a proper glance at it i noticed what i thought to be a very still bee, this made me jump and it fell off, again dropping to the seat between my legs...only this time it roled a little further and ended up underneath me. needless to say this freaked me out a bit, i didn't really want a bee that close to my meat and two veg, especially while i was driving, but because i was driving i had to try and keep a cool head about me and not flap around incase it stung me and that while i was driving. not cool. as luck would have it i was coming up to a lay-by so i pulled in and stopped. before i eased myself up from the chair, i picked up something to squash it with, afterall a dead bee is easier to deal with than a live one. so i rose slowly from the seat not wanting to get the bee agitated or anything like that lest it sting me and still being confined in the dab of the van, i really didn't want an angry bee. and i was shocked by my findings...it wasn't a bee after all...well not a whole one anyway. i found a headless bee. a few minutes later i found the little unknown thing that had landed on my seat the first time, and it was the creature's head!
ive not idea how it got decapitated...but it was weird
and it led me to sing the following all day!


anyway i need to go to bed, i'm only on chapter 8 of the new potter book :(
laters peeps
Px

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

That just totally grossed me out.

Alicia said...

Ewww, decapitated bee.

One time my sister was in the car with me (I was driving) and she screamed at the top of her lungs "WATCH OUT!!! OH MY GAWD!!!!"
so of course I swerve all over the road and then she points at a baby cricket on my dashboard.

I could've strangled her, I swear I could've.

;)