Monday 17 September 2007

what a cock up

ok
so this morning i headed off to my new job
i got there at about 8
which was fine and about the right time
i sat and waited
and then saw one of the guys i knew who had helped get me the job
only to have him say he wasn't expecting me

fucking unbelievable!

it turns out that the guy who offered me the job and has been on holiday for the last 3 weeks and hadn't sorted things out
or let me know that he hadn't sorted them out!
when i was asked why i hadn't called anyone to see when i should be starting and all that, i just said that i'd only got this guy's mobile number and he was on holiday, and i was taking it all ok because he'd said it was fine and i should start today.
which is why i quit the other job

the bloke i spoke to today did say that they do want me to work there, but he needs to sort out a few things and then he'd call me...
he hasn't called today, so i'm expecting a call tomorrow now

i'm not panicking yet
just miffed about it
but i will run out of money if i'm not careful though...although my last pay packet from the driving job should be about 3 times the normal amount i've been getting because i never took any leave while i was there, so i'll get all my unclaimed leave in it too
so i should be ok for a while
i hope

anyway
does anyone want to give me a job? i'll do anything
laters
Px

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Define "anything".
I need a Man Nanny.

And I need a housekeeper, and a handyman.
A personal masseuse would be nice, too... an assistant, an accountant,
a chef (Oh, wait... I'm a chef).

Take your pick.
Then fly the thousands of miles to my place and the job is all yours.

You get paid in beer, and you can have a room.

:)
Want the job?

Lindsey said...

I'm sure I can think of a few things to put you to work. :o) We'll sort out the details when I pick you up from the airport in less than 4 weeks!

Px said...

alicia
i can do all that, no problems... i'm good with kids, numbers and tools, not so great with the housework though...

beer for pay...might have to re-negotiate that a little, i want some food too...

lindsey
that sounds like a plan to me