Tuesday 27 March 2007

my first day

ok, so yesterday i embarked upon the career of being a white van man
yep, that's right, i'm now a multi drop delivery driver...
sounds exciting doesn't it!

it's not really

anyway yesterday was my first day i was due to spend it as basically a drivers mate with a guy called roger, this was so that i could learn about the paperwork and other such things, that was all.
as me and roger left the depot he got a call because one of the other drivers had called in sick...typical right?
well seeing as i was the only other preson around, i did his run
on my own

i wasn't overly sure where i was supposed to be going, but i had a road map and that was good enough for me
i got to the first drop and clipped a lexus while trying to park up
can you believe it, not only am i on my own, but i've hit an expensive car!
typical right
anyway i was writing a note to say that i'd hit the car and to contact my boss (i'd called him and told him too) when the guy who owned it showed up, he was actually fairly nice about the who situation, considering i'd just busted his light up nicely!
and after all this the first drop was closed anyway!

the rest of the day wasn't too bad, the boss called me just after i'd filled the van up to remind me that they took diesil and not petrol...i'd already worked this one out though, so that was ok, but as i was trying to pay for it (with the fuel card...not my money) it took 3 attempts to get the card to work

last night was quiz night
it was a good laugh, we didn't win anything
i told the girl that i worked the shift with last week that she had to come along, she did and she joined the bar team (not my team unless i'm working) but kept popping round to see me whenever the rounds had finished...she's quite nice :)

still no word on the flat yet, but i've got my fingers crossed, i'll call them later today if i've not heard anything

went to the dentist today again to have another 2 of the fillings done... got one more appointment to go to in a couple of weeks and then i should be all sorted for the time being.
half of my face is numb at the moment and as it's slowly coming round it feels like it's burning and it's really sore :(
still i've been a big brave boy again and all that, i'm conquering my fear slowly
i'll get there in the end :)

right i've got an interview this afternoon, hopefully my face will have come round by then, so i should go and start thinking about what i need to say there.
laters peeps
Px

ps not in the TMI mood today

3 comments:

Miss Ash said...

Oh man, 1st day on the job and an accident already haha. Too bad, but good that everyone was understanding about the situation.

Natalia said...

I can't keep up with the women. I thought you sorta had a girl. Now there is another one you like? Ahhh I need to start some sort of system to keep track.

-N

Px said...

ash
it's bad isn't it :(
still i'm back in tomorrow :)
hopefully i won't crash this time ;)

natalia
you need a system...join the club i think most people i know need a system to keep up with my "lovelife", hell i need a system
lol