Tuesday 26 August 2003

...it's not what you think it is...honest!
I ruined a shirt today at work... i got a big white-ish stain on the front and it's not what you think it is you sick puppies! i was in the plant room cleaning up a leak in the hypo tank, that's the chlorine stuff that we use as the secondary disinfectant, and hypo is a type of bleach, so when i leaned over into the tank the second time i got some on my shirt, even though i'd put a towel over the very little amount that i spilt when i did the first lift out, adn it's left a nice bleached mark on the front of my shirt. Being the Health & Safety person for the site obviously i should've been wearing PPE, that's personal protective equipment, but there is nothing on site that fits me well enough, something which i did not realise until today. Tomorrow i will be ordering PPE that will fit at least me, as i'm usually the only one that does anything of use in the plant room!

in other news...
Wils insisted on paying me £10 for my old phone even though she know's that i got both it and the upgrade free, she's a muppet, but at least i've got beer money!
Philly's new house is starting to look better after the painting and decorating session we had down there yesterday, there are still a few things that need doing, but nothing major, apart from moving in! she gave me sweets to satisfy my sweet tooth and to get me to work for her, and she's promised me some armageddon when she has her house warming party, and for those who don't know what it is, it's bloody good, some would say it's the most fun you can have on your own, but it's better to share!!!
i got in the pool this morning for an hour to teach, i don't normally teach little kids swimming, i only usually do the bigger ones because i don't have the patience for little kids, but it was fun to get in the water with them and teach there instead of from the side.
i'm worried about a mate called laura, she's bottling things up and i know from my own experience that's no good, but she knows that she can talk to me if she wants to.
no news on the job front, but i keep forgetting to look, i'm trying to write a CV at the moment as well, i say trying what i actually mean is that i'm looking at other peoples and seeing what works and what things i should put on mine, i say i'm looking, what i mean is that i've got some copies of peoples CV's getting dusty in my tray.

and finally i'm going to play badminton in a minute and this time i'm going to beat you mr roger
take care peoples
Px

No comments: