Monday 10 October 2005

i'm getting special treatment :)
so anyway, i suppose i'd better explain myself a little
right, i went for my pool test and induction to be a lifeguard again and there was two other guys there with me doing it and it was cool, although both of them were younger than me and had only done the course once each i though you know, maybe these kids will know their stuff and i'll be the one who looks bad...yeah right, like that was ever going to happen!
we had to do a written paper, 30 questions, pass mark was 85%, i got 90%, didn't want to show off too much you know, so i managed to get one wrong on each section of the test, not on purpose though, just because i wasn't thinking straight...nerves and all, but the other two didn't manage to get the 85%, i was shocked...
next came CPR, which i breezed through, without making any mistakes, but again the other 2 fluffed it up, i was starting to doubt their abilities...even counting 10 seconds seemed to be a bit of a chore...
ok, final part of the test was the pool work, nice and easy, and we all should have had this nailed, but one pulled up with cramp after only doing the timed swims. which is fair enough, but i was getting the impression that he didn't really want to go any further with the test seeing has he'd already failed the other 2 sections...either way that left just two of us...so knowing that i'd got the experience and knowing that she'd trained me in the past of a few occasions, the trainer made the other guy go first all the time so that he didn't copy the stuff i'd done...fair enough...but when it came to putting the spinal board in, i was told to shut up, even though the errors he was making would reflect badly on me too...but i shut up...for once...and then i got to do it all myself, and although i made one error on the board because i assumed the team would work as they should do rather than waiting for me, i was let off my one minor error...
needless to say after the poor performance from the other two i was the only one who made it through and i was given soem rather tasteful, if somewhat small, uniform and told i start on saturday...and this is where the remaining special treatment kicked in, due to who i am, i've only got to do 1 shadow session, the standard is 3 or more, from there i was given a few other special bits of info and all that kinda stuff, things that i need to know, little bits of info really, but all helpful stuff.
so i've got myself a second job, and i'm getting the special treatment because of who i am, nice!

other stuff...still only one person has come up with a options for my premier HNT post, again thanks berly, so come on people i need to know asap just what you want to see from me or i'll be posting some random image of something really obscure...comments please, come on, you know you want to

in other stuff, i finished everything off at my brothers place and i'm now officially out, my room at my parents house it looking like a bomb site already, and i really should get round to sorting through things so that i can at least see the floor...it's that bad, no really it is, there's dvd's and cd's everywhere...hundreds of the things

anyway i should get to work, things to do
laters peeps
Px

16 comments:

berly02 said...

Congrats on the new job!!
And on the special treatment.

Px said...

thank berly :)

honkeie said...

No one realizes how much crap we own until we try to move to a new plcae.

Katie said...

Congrats

Lindsey said...

I hate moving...I still have boxes from when I most recently moved and that was in May...

Congrats on your testing buddy. We knew you were smart.

Princess Pessimism said...

Tattoos...all of them.

Px said...

i hate moving too
i still have stuff in boxes from 2 years ago when i originally moved out...how bad is that!!!

pp there is no way i can get all my tattoos in one HNT post

Natalia said...

Yaay pool! I can do pool. I cannot do ocean. I have a pool in the back yard. If I ever need a lifeguard, will you do it? lol

HNT...tattoos? Facial hair? An eye, like me?

-N

Px said...

roxi
of course i've missed you, the site has been too pure without you ;)
not sure about showing off the uniform just yet though, not sure it even fits yet as i've not tried it on yet, the shorts look a little small...and short...

Px said...

natalia
lifeguard...no worries anytime you need me just give me a call and i'll be there in my uniform...no speedo's though

HNT...thinking about it ;)

Px said...

roxi...
*lick*? whay are you licking?
as for the uniform...we'll see, everyone is getting a say and i'm picking from there ;)

Princess Pessimism said...

....Duh wierdo. BUT if you post all your tattoos in different posts, think that's the next 10 hnt for you!!!

Px said...

roxi...
we'll see

pp
good point, i'll think about it

Anonymous said...

I have suggestion!
U cud post thoses dirty pics u sent me the other day, obviously not all of them as there's loads but jst the best 1s.
You could also tell us all a little dirty story to go with them.
Lots of love
D-K xx

Px said...

dk
interesting option...
lets see if anyone else goes for the idea, if not you'll just have to ask nicely...
xx

Px said...

DK
fix your phone...