Wednesday 5 October 2005

this made me laugh

some excerpts from the edinburgh comedy festival that were emailed to me

* I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat. - Marcus Brigstocke at theAssembly Rooms

* Cats have nine lives - which makes them ideal for experimentation. - Jimmy Carr

* The right to bear arms is slightly less ludicrous than the right to arm bears. - Chris Addison at thePleasance

* My dad is Irish and my mum is Iranian, which meant that we spent most of our family holidays in Customs.- Patrick Monahan at the Gilded Balloon

* The dodo died. Then Dodi died, Di died and Dando died... Dido must be shitting herself. - Colin & Fergus at the Pleasance

* My parents are from Glasgow which means they're incredibly hard, but I was never smacked as a child... well, maybe one or two grams to get me to sleep at night. - Susan Murray at the Underbelly

* Is it fair to say that there'd be less litter in Britain if blind people were given pointed sticks? -Adam Bloom at the Pleasance

* You have to remember all the trivia that your girlfriend tells you, because eventually you get tested. She'll go: "What's my favourite flower?" And you murmur to yourself: "Shit, I wasn't listening...Self-raising?" - Addy Van-Der-Borgh at the AssemblyRooms

* I saw that show, 50 Things To Do Before You Die. I would have thought the obvious one was "Shout For Help". - Mark Watson, Rhod Gilbert at the Tron

* I went out with an Irish Catholic. Very frustrating.You can take the Girl out of Cork, but... - MarkusBirdman at the Pod Deco

* A dog goes into a hardware store and says: "I'd like a job please". The hardware store owner says: "We don't hire dogs. Why don't you go join the circus?" The dog replies: "What would the circus want with a plumber". - Steven Alan Green at C34

* I like to go into the Body Shop and shout out reallyloud "I've already got one!" - Norman Lovett at TheStand

* If you're being chased by a police dog, try not togo through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.- Milton Jones at the Underbelly.

11 comments:

berly02 said...

Nice. I can't stop laughing at the "Dido must be shitting herself".

Px said...

ber
totally, i sat in the office at work smirking all the way through, couldn't laugh as the boss was in our little cubby hole and you know...i should've been working
but at least it's better than writers block

Katie said...

I like the list...I like the one about his parents are from Glasgow....that made me think of my friends mom that put jack in her bottle every night to make her sleep...ha

Px said...

katie
parents are great like that
although i think mine never did anything like that

Lindsey said...

lol...those are awesome!!!

FU said...

buhahaha...love the last dog comment

Px said...

linny,
glad you liked them

roxi,
i always aim to please, there should be another post fairly soon, maybe even today

FU,
nice to meet you, how's the fasting going? glad you liked the post. do you work for VWR or somehting similar?

Natalia said...

That was hilarious :)

-N

Px said...

nat
i stole the idea from you
cunning plan eh?

FU said...

fastings alrite! we bought take out tonite. mmm.. gyros and kebabs and stuff.

u actually KNOW what VWR is? :O i am gob-smacked

Px said...

roxi
i'm so sorry, i'll make it up to you i promise...and i'll post today (hopefully)

FU
yeah i know a little about VWR, i priced some work for them in portugal and a collegue of mine works closely with them in the UK