Sunday 15 January 2006

posting fiend today...
this is the newsy post, after this there are another 2 posts that warrant reading...and commenting on dammit!
news
after lat weekend's bust up with the folks i came back on the monday evening for a long discussion with them both, voices were raised, tears flowed, things were cleared a little and more importantly help was offered and accepted.
that's right, during the row with my folks i confessed to having a loan, credit card and overdraft totalling over £4000 worth of debt. the first offer of help was to clear that for me, which after a battle with my pride and my conscience i have accepted the money from my mum. the second offer stems from the line "i can't live here anymore, but i can't get out anywhere either" so basically if i can prove to my dad that i can be thrifty and save some money over the next few months (i think we're looking at 3 to 6 months) he's offered to stump up some money to help me put a deposit on a property. now i don't earn a great deal do the properties that are feasibly in my range are...mobile homes or places that need a lot of work doing to them, so it looks like i'm going back to my roots and become trailer trash (my folks lived in a mobile home when i was born) and please don't get me wrong and thikn that i'm being ungrateful by putting down the possibilities, i'm not, i'm loving the idea of having my own space, i'm loving the idea of having a trailer, in fact i'm loving it all!!!

other news
i'm ill, i've got a cold (please ladies note, this is a man with a common cold) i'm not dying, i'm not whinging and whining all the time, i'm trying to get on with it. the worst bit is the sore throat, it's been a pain swallowing for the last few days (please no rude comments i can make them up myself ;o) ), friday it moed into my head and threw my balance off a little and today it's finally moved into my nose. but hey, the biggest drawback is that i don't want to pass it on to my lady, which means as much as i want to kiss her, i'm refraining from it at the moment...
i've been making money by selling some of my old furniture, i know i've just said that i might be moving fairly soon, but hey, i'm thinking i should be able to get some more stuff anyway, and it's not like i'll want that much in a trailer anyway due to the room, so that's all good :o)
work has been dead quiet since christmas, but the sales manager i'm currently prepping a quote for still managed to piss me off. i requested that the changes he was about to make to the schedule of works be done in a different colour so i could identify them quickly and easily, seeing as he was re-typing a load of it anyway, you'd think this would be easy, but when the new work came through it was all still in black, so i carried on thinking it was all the same. i came across something that needed querying, so i called him about it, he told me that he'd made the changes on the new list and was i blind for not picking them up, this narked me as i then turned to him and said well it wasn't in a different colour, so how was i supposed to know, seeing as i'd specifically asked for it be in a different colour as i'd already started his quote. so he started swearing at me...the moron...anyway that bugged me, i asked him to do one simple thing and he couldn't be bothered!
last thing, if you comment hasn't been published, it doesn't mean always mean i've not approved it, sometimes it just means i've not had a chance to deal with it yet...ok? :o)
right all dealt with peeps
take care Px

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Okay...let's deal with you sore throat first. Do you guys have Motrin over there (Similar to Tylenol but it seems to work better)? If so, take one every 4-6 hours and your throat will stop hurting. I promise. I had this same thing happening 2 weeks ago. Also gargle with salt water a couple of times a day.

Secondly...I totally feel you on the debt thing. I was several thousand dollars in debt as well and my pride wouldn't allow me to accept help from anyone. Eventually I broke down and allowed my father to help me out a bit. I tried to pay him back but he refused. With all this tooth crap I've having to go through ($1780 for the root canal and $1200 for my lower wisdom teeth) I am once again in debt. :0( I will be poor forever.

And we lived in a trailor for awhile when i was little. It does suck and I understand. I wouldn't want to tell people I was living in a trailor. It just doesn't sound right. But you do what you've got to do right?

Akanksha said...

made a typo.. px pls approve this one not the earlier one!

px: even i want an apartment of my own but i cant afford one,also my mom thinks its really unsafe .. hence i hav to put up with a room mate who i cant stand..i am goin to put up a post abt the fight soon..

linny: oh my god!.. dentists r soo god damn expensuve there.. in india its not cheap to go to a dentist but their fees r not sky high also!! i got my root canal done for Rs.3000(around 100 dollars) in 1 of the most expensive dental clinics!!