Friday 26 September 2003

"don't fear the reaper..." why the hell not??!!
Having just read the lovely kate's blog about having her 1-1 at work...they're call appraisals btw...i thought i'd just mention the one i had yesterday too. is it me or do all companies have their appraisals at the same time?

anyway, i'm not a fan of the whole process, although i do see it as about the only time that i get any form of decent feedback from my manager... and the feedback cam thinck and fast yesterday, especially as i put one of my objectives for the next 12 months was to actually want to go to work and enjoy my time there, probably not the best thing i could've said! i also mentioned that i thought the company was way to profit orientated, in the wrong way, cutting costs to maximise profit only works when the place is making a decent income in the first place, you've got to speculate to accumilate and all that. his biggest bit of feed back was that he thought i should "fuck off and go travelling for at least 6 months" nice to see my boss has faith in me! although he said that i'm one of the most respected members of staff there, with the most experience and knowledge and all that and that the others look up to me for advice and what they should do and think what would i do in that situation. remember big brother this year, not very memorable so I'll forgive yo if you've forgotten it already, well Cameron, that's the scottish guy who's found god and is still a virgin at 32, incited a round of WWJD, What Would Jesus Do, wrist bands amongst the crew working on BB4, especially Dermot O'Leary, anyway to cut a long story short I'm thinking of getting some WWPD, What Would Pete Do, wrist bands made up for everyone at work. Not that i'm taking the piss or anything, honest!

on the ladies front, i've sorted things so that i'm with the one that i couldn't have, we've been spending loads of time together this week, hence the distinct lack of blogs this week...sorry, but something special is happening

AWK is going ahead this weekend and drinking a-plenty will be the order of the day mmmm... beer

I'm blaming roger for the whole megatokyo thing which has got me hooked, apart from the stick man dom bits which are just crap, which has forced me to change me messenger screen name from Evil Pete to 3vil p3t3, in honour of l33t...to scary for words and dude it's so your fault!

anyway i've promised the dog that we'll watch jimmy neutron, maybe this time I'm get to watch all of it instead of sleeping through bits of it!

take care peoples
Px

No comments: