Friday 8 December 2006

friday stuff and a tag from natalia

ok friday stuff first:
mexico stuff
i've been offered a place if i want it, got 5 days left to decide. i'd be going in february for 6 weeks not the 15 that i originally applied for, but that's ok... discussed the issue with mum finally, was waiting to see if i'd be accepted before approaching her with it. and she said it was a good idea, but bad timing, and that because my dad is forcing the sale of the house so that he can continue to be a wanker, it's likely that if iwent then i wouldn't have a home to come back to because it would've been sold and all my mum would be able to afford is probably only going to be big enough for just her (that's if she can afford anywhere anyway). so i'm stuck thinking about it again :(

job stuff
i had another interview today, it was ok, i called in sick for the cafe job i've been doing to go there though, and in honesty i've been feeling pretty ill today anyway, but probably not ill enough to have called in sick.

song for the weekend:
she moves in her own way by the kooks no real reason behind it today, i just htink its a good bouncy tune and it makes me smile

tag:
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
dammit i need a haircut
2. How much cash do you have on you?
between £70 and £80
3. What’s a word that rhymes with “DOOR?”
four
4. Favorite planet?
mars
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
"unknown number" that's helpful isn't it
6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
it's not so much a ring tone as someone shouting, and they're shouting "oh no, not the superted outfit" it makes me laugh
7. What shirt are you wearing?
a red t-shirt
8. Do you “label” yourself?
nope, not if i can help it
9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing?
socks
10. Bright or Dark Room?
the light's on...
11. Why is there always a missing question?
because no one ever numbers these things properly, the question has to be why i it number 35 that's missing though? (sorry i thought i'd save you all the time in working out which one it was for you
12. What does your watch look like?
it's a black skinny swatch, not that i wear it very often
13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
just getting into bed with my book
14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
"the earliest i will be ready on saturday is 9 but i will let you know"
15. Where is your nearest 7-11?
a couple of minutes walk around the corner
16. Whats a word that you say a lot?
cool, excellent, bollocks, dammit
17. Who told you he/she loved you last?
my mum
18. Last furry thing you touched?
there was a dog in the pub a week or two ago, gave him a stroke
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
alcohol
20. How many rolls of film do you need developed?
none
21. Favorite age you have been so far?
dunno, never really had a favourite, enjoyed them all
22. Your worst enemy?
"it's no surprise to me, i am my own worst enemy" - lit
23. What is your current desktop picture?
a dodge viper (photo i took while in germany)
24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
"yeah sure, why not?"
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?
i'll take the money thanks :)
26. Do you like someone?
guess so
27. The last song you listened to?
listening to indica by the shamen at the moment
28. What time of day were you born?
not sure, early afternoon i think
29. Whats your favorite number?
don't have one
30. Where did you live in 1987?
right here i believe
31. Are you jealous of anyone?
not at the moment
32. Is anyone jealous of you?
dunno, if they are, they haven't said anything about it
33. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
watching it all unfold on the telly and wondering why neighbours wasn't on initially
34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
find the person in charge and get it back, or walk away
36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
another one? dunno, not sure, i have my ideas though (btw see i told you, no 35...)
37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
japanese
38. Would you move for the person you loved?
sure
39. Are you touchy feely?
Yes.
40. What’s your life motto?
"it seemed like a good idea at the time"
41. Name three things that you have on you at all times?
phone...that's about it really...if i'm going out then i've usually got keys and wallet with me too, but i've always got my phone on me
42. What’s your favourite town/city?
dublin/vegas
43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
subway (chipotle southwest cheese steak footlong sub with a coke and doritos)
44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
hand written... a very long time ago, actually mailed it... probably not as long ago
45. Can you change the oil on a car?
nope, but i know people that can and will for a beer
46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
don't know, i tend not to keep in touch with people unless i see them often
47. How far back do you know about your ancestry?
my grandparents
48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
i was suited and booted for my interview today...
49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
my back and shoulder are still painful from this cafe job
50. Have you been burned by love?
who hasn't?
51. Do you have a crush on any bloggers?
that'd be telling
52. Where would you like to live?
in my own place, i'm not that picky where though

there we go peeps, that's me done for the week i guess
have a good weekend
Px

6 comments:

Steven said...

Did you just say that you've "enjoyed all your ages?"

You smug bastard. ;)

Steve~

Natalia said...

Oh I'm so happy you did this one. I didn't know Dublin was one of your favourites. But having just been I can understnad why :)

-N

Px said...

Steve...
sorry, smug mode off
it should've read something like this:
"there has been no age at which my life has stood out with a shining stream of enjoyment and amazement that makes me think that it was a better time than the rest of my mediocre and dismal monotonous existence"
but seeing as that it's exactly positive and i'm trying really hard to be positive these days i decided against it
lol

natalia...
why this one?

mist1 said...

Tell me more about #44.

Px said...

the letters?
i don't tend to write letters anymore, not by hand anyway, last time i mailed a letter though was probably through work.
last time i hand wrote a letter though it didn't get mailed, i have a tendency to write to people when i have something to say and they're not listening to me, that's usually by hand, and then i don't always give it to them

Lindsey said...

Writing letters IS a lost art. I wish people still did it. There's nothing like opening the mail box and seeing one sitting there with your name on it.

As it were...I just finished 60 Christmas cards(all with nice, long handwritten messages inside) and I've gotten a request for 140 more (it's from that volunteer thing). *Sigh* My fingers really hurt so I got the girls at the office to chip in a bit but I'm sure I'll still be doing another 70 this weekend by myself so that I can get them all in the mail with the Rice Krispie Treats I'm making. The things I do for people. Sheesh. Maybe they'll send me letters in return and make me smile. Then I'll forget all about my aching fingers.