Friday 1 December 2006

just a quickie for friday

got a song for you a little further down

woja, dude you're meme answers have been "marked" for someone who's known me for so long you didn't do too badly...to date he's the only person to have had a go though, therefore he's topping the leader board

jobs:
interview yesterday was very positive, although he's still got 2 more people to interview before he shortlists people to see his manager. although saying that he's not seen my cv and was making his decision solely based on my interview, so that should be a good thing, right? i asked about the parking situation because it's in the centre of oxford and the only parking around there is pay and display sort of thing and i was told that the club has 2 parking spaces, one reserved for the manager (him) and one reserved for the deputy manager (the role i went for) so i could have my very own private parking space in the centre of oxford...how cool would that be?
got 2 interviews on tuesday, one in the morning with SOLL (people i used to work for 18 months ago) and the other in the afternoon for a private gym in the centre of oxford, completely private and not part of a chain too...
we shall see
i've also had someone give me a shout about a driving job, basically i'd drive a nice car to someones house/work/whatever and then either be picked up from there or have a pre-arranged car there to drive back...easy work, although it could be rather boring...we shall see
but it would mean i get to drive some rather nice cars and on occasion come home with one, going to pop in there on tuesday too

song for the weekend:
overkill (acoustic version) by colin hay:
I can't get to sleep
I think about the implications
Of diving in too deep
And possibly the complications

Especially at night
I worry over situations
I know I'll be alright
Perhaps it's just imagination

Day after day it reappears
Night after night my heartbeat shows the fear
Ghosts appear and fade away

Alone between the sheets
Only brings exasperation
It's time to walk the streets
Smell the desperation

At least there's pretty lights
And though there's little variation
It nullifies the night from overkill

Day after day it reappears
Night after night my heartbeat shows the fear
Ghosts appear and fade away
Come back another day

I can't get to sleep
I think about the implications
Of diving in too deep
And possibly the complications

Especially at nightI
worry over situations
I know I'll be alright
It's just overkill

Day after day it reappears
Night after night my heartbeat shows the fear
Ghosts appear and fade away
Ghosts appear and fade away
Ghosts appear and fade away

i first came across this song in the series scrubs (s2 ep1 i got it from wikipedia) and i've been watching that a lot recently (it's one of the few dvd's that i didn't leave behind when i moved out) and i actually sat and listened to the lyrics the otherday and thought they were apt at the moment as i'm having trouble sleeping and things are getting to me a little
but i'll be ok (just like it says in the song)

right peeps, have a good weekend
take care
Px

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton