Saturday 23 December 2006

so tired

i worked last night at the pub and although we finished at the normal time (well ish) i dropped off a couple of people (making it after midnight then) i went to make a surprise ish but long overdue visit to my mate Kat
bearing in mind that i thin i've only seen kat about 3 different times this year, she is still one of my closest friends and someone who i feel i can turn to whenever i need a cuddle, even though she tells me off for not turning to her and keeping her up to date with info about what's going on in my life (i'm sure i've told her about this place...)
anyway after a long catch up chat with her and her family i think it was about 3am when i got home and i still wasn't actually that tired, so i read for a while longer
anyway, t was good to chat to kat and her mum (who thinks i'd make great son-in-law material by the way) and i've bene told that i can go round any time to see them over the next week or so...probably won't but you never know
so that's why i'm tired
my plan for today was to sort out a few final final things for christmas (cards and wrapping of the remaining couple of presents) but my mother left this morning before i was up and she took the wrong keys with her to my nan's house...as in she took mine, complete with car keys which is where i've been hiding the presents and wrapping paper and what i was going to use to go and find appropriate cards for the 2 nephews
great
so that was the plan shot to pieces
so you know what i did
i watched tv
christmas tv is naff!
but today i watched star trek the motion picture (well bits of it anyway), twins (while i wasn't switching channels to watch bits of the next film), the muppets christmas carol (bit of it while watching twins on the other side), gremlins (again only bits of it though) and nightmare before christmas wihch i watched all of while eating dinner and doing sudoku too...
what a nice and relaxing afternoon :)
happy holidays peeps, i doubt many peeps will be around until at least wednesday next week...but i think i'll probably still be posting most days...you know me...
got to work tomorrow night, should be a good night, hoping to get a few drinks bought for me so i can use them at the staff party (if i go that is...still undecided)
laters peeps :)
Px

9 comments:

Lisa said...

I'll be around
I have no social life haha...

Hope you have a good one

Princess Pessimism said...

I love the muppets....they always make for a more relaxing day dont they??

Lindsey said...

Here they show tv marathons of our favorite shows...like Law and Order. So I watch those most of the time...

Have nothing better to do today. Took the baby out shopping yesterday and he wanted to get into everything so I told him to 'hold his horses.' He looked up at me and flashed me his dimpled grin and said, "Okay Sissy...I'm holding my horses." It's easy to forget that he's 2...he's such a grown up.

Px said...

lisa
i know the feeling
still have a good one yourself :)

PP
the muppets rule

lindsey
they don't do that very often here...sometimes they do though
bless him, is he all excited?

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lindsey said...

He is beside himself with excitement. he found one of his presents at my apartment (he was snooping in a closet) and he started jumping up and down shouting, "Pwesent for baby...pwesent for baby!!!" I'd bought him a Sit and Spin but hadn't wrapped it yet. Needless to say..I took it out and let him play on it.

Autumn Storm said...

What no Strictly? That's about the only thing I have watched, though i did have a look at the TV guide and all those films that are showing over Christmas here. Queen's speech, perhaps? :-)

Hope you managed to get your final finals done anyway and that you have an absolutely fabulous day.

Hugs, x

Lindsey said...

I hate to say it...but I really didn't care for British television. There was never anything good on. :o(

Natalia said...

I do hope you are having a great time.

-N