Monday 15 January 2007

monday morning madness

ok so i've GOT to find myself a job and the sooner the better
this week i vow to apply for as many jobs as possible
issues that are currently working against me
i'm 28, i'm considered too old for a lot of companies to fill "junior" or "trainee" positions.
i've got experience...this isn't always a plus...i've already been turned down from more than one position for having too much experience
i haven't got a job at the moment...everyone knows it's easier to find a job when you haven't got one
retraining someone costs a company money, and being 28 i'm to old

anyway
other things
i'm thinking of applying for a personal liscense...meaning that i can legally sell beer from a premises without another liscensee on the premises. as it stands, the liscensee should be in the building whenever alcohol is being sold (this doesn't always happen, but hey), with a personal liscense i can do that. it'd be good for me to get because then it means i could become a relief manager and go into bars/pubs when the landlord there is on holiday, i get paid for running their pub for a while and don't have to worry about anything to do with the place...how cool is that?

i'm sure there's something else i should be going on about, but i can't remember what it is

i need a job
help me out here peeps
find me a job
it doesn't matter where it is
or even what it is
i'll do anything at the moment

laters peeps
Px

6 comments:

Natalia said...

Looking for a job is a job in itself. It sucks donkey balls. Hard. And I never did get the whole thinga about being turned down for too much experience. I mean, if you have experience in what they need and you are applying for the job, what's the problem? Yeah I get that they think you might lok for something better soon, but that's most people anyway. And I'd rather have someone who knows what the bloody hell they are doing. I have my fingers corssed darling.

-N

Px said...

thanks :)
i'm hoping that i'll get some good news this week

Alicia said...

Hey, you could always take apart nuclear reactors like my hubby does.
Sure, he glows in the dark now...
But the pay is incredible!

Rebecca said...

I have an opening for "sex slave" if you're interested...the pay is lousy, but the benefits are great...

Knitty Yas said...

lol yeah or you can work for my company who puts together nuclear reactors.... i think its what america is wrapped around these days. lol

Knitty Yas said...

oh yeah and becca just reminded me that the cabana boy position is still open... no sex required. only difference is you will need to feel comfy working in a speedo. hahahahahahahaa